A long time ago, there was an evil sorcerer named radical, who ate babies for breakfast. One day, he decided he wanted a gang of merry men to terrorize the peaceful land which we call Blockland. He named his gang of merry men MotE, and after many years, MotE had grown to a baby eating armada.
Today, MotE is one of the oldest and most respected Blockland clans, and in our long (in internet terms) history, we've had a few remarkable events.
The first is the Great Purge. Because MotE was getting filled with inactive members and crappy builders, Radical decided that everyone would be kicked from Mote and would have to reapply. This happened some time in the early 1900s.
The second event was the Great Split. On the 24th of February, 2007, MotE was split by the release of retail. So Radical came up with a brilliant idea: MotE was split into three divisions: Blockland, general FPS games and Garry's mod. Elections where held so leaders of the three divisions were in place. Randy was picked to lead Blockland and picked Spation and TheGeek as his co-leaders.
Fortunately, unlike the other two divisions, the blockland division has been experiencing a tremendous growth after the Great Split, and is now an immensely active clan.
Like most groups that are fairly old, we have a couple of traditions:
- Tuxedos: although not a requirement, it would be nice if your Blockland avatar wears a tuxedo. In the RTB days, almost every member wore a tuxedo and a suitcase in his hand, but evil Badspot removed the suitcase from blockland, so now the tuxedo decal is all we've got left. You may also have noticed that the MotE logo is a tie, this also originates from this tradition.
- Mansions: every now and then, the MotE members make a mansion group build. Traditionally, the mansion is so big, it starts to lag when the exterior is done. MotE mansions always have vacant rooms, which members can then claim and then decorate. However, we haven't had a mansion yet where there were enough rooms, and there's always bitching about who get what room. The point is: first come, first serve. Spation usually has the smallest room, hidden under stairs.
- Banning: MotE members have the reputation of being cruel admins, and we're often nicknamed badmins. Back in the days of RTB, several MotE members had over 40 people on their permaban list. Nowadays, banning happens less frequently, mostly because pinking doesn't work very well anymore, hammer noobs are rare because of the trust system, and because the first wave of retards has already been stopped by the fact that Blockland costs $20 now.
Become a member
Why would you want to become a member? Well, MotE members are generally regarded as respectable blocklanders and good builders. You'll have the respect of your fellow man in every server you enter. You will also receive the password of several important servers, like the admin pass for Barnabas's Street and the pass you need to join TheGeek's server.
As you may have noticed, MotE is a reasonably exclusive clan, and we won't let just anyone join. In order to join, you need to either be invited by Randy, TheGeek, or Spation, or you need to show an application build to Randy, TheGeek, or Spation. Here are some guidelines for applications:
- Do not send in a box house, we'll eat you alive.
- Your build needs to have at least 2000 bricks in it.
- Not only your building skills will be reviewed, your character will also be judged. It helps if you're not a moron, if you can write decently, if you're funny, if we know you, ...
- We do hold a grudge against certain people, make sure you're not one of them.
All I have left to say is, good luck, and maybe you'll make it into MotE.